Saturday, July 4, 2009

The First 100 Posts

First off, the blog is neither dead nor dieing. I think the blog is much more enduring than the ocho's foray into jumpstyle. I haven't posted in over a month now (ok much more than a month), but I like to think that the blog and I were just on a break. You know, like a break in a relationship when you say that you need time apart to figure out how you feel about each other, but really just want to break up but it's too hard to just say it so you draw it out for a long time. But in my case, I really didn't want to break from teh blog for good, and I've come to realize that the blog still means a lot to me, and I hope I still mean a lot to it.

Anyway, I'm going to post more about my summer and some original content soon--after I wake up hopefully, or after the weekend if I don't have time--but for now I'm going to post what I was going to post a while ago before the blog and I took a break.

I was planning on commemorating the first 100 post of our blog with allusions parralleling it to the first 100 days of a presidency. However, neither is this still topical nor do I have the energy to think up many such allusions at the moment, so here are some of the highlights I was planning on posting before:
I think this list shows we accomplished quite a bit of blogging in our first one hundred posts, and maybe it will serve as inspiration to revive the blog. Keep checking in, because I'm sure there is a lot of good stuff to come in the next 1,361 posts (yes, that is an allusion).

By the way, for those still celebrating, today--the Aphelion, the fourth of July on the Gregorian calendar, Independence Day in America, Liberation Day in Rwanda--is the 13th day of the 4th lunar phase of the International Year of Stadium 110.

3 comments:

  1. Does it still count as original content if your citing your past work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete