Friday, March 13, 2009

The Olson Manifesto

That’s right. A manifesto. I can hear the naysayers now, “A manifesto? Don’t you think that is a little extreme? A little ridiculous? I mean, Mark, you're no Karl Marx or the Unibomber or someone trying to promote humanism!” And I say, no. Not really. But Wikipedia says a manifesto is “a public declaration of principles and intentions.” So that’s what my first post is going to be – a statement of my principles and intentions in regards to this blog. Because I cannot speak for my fellow stadium dwellers… only for myself.

First off, I hope to share a little bit of what living in Stadium 110 is like to the greater Carleton community, nay the whole fuckin internet. Because some people only know the wonderful people who live under the bleachers. Others have been in the room due to our parties, but have no idea who we are. And some people just don’t know shit. So I’ll try to help ya’ll get a better sense of what living in a stadium next to the Ski Room (where we hide shit when we move our couches for a party), next to the cannon (where Alfredo and I saw two cats fighting TO THE DEATH), next to the cage (where we get huge), and under the bleachers (where I will one day get a wingsuit and jump off of and fly like Toto’s video below).

Secondly, I’ll be posting stupid, amusing, awesome, weird internet videos. In fact, I’ll post one right now. Here is a video called Adventure Time. I often tell people of how random some of shit that goes through my head is. Well, this is the world I wished I lived in; the world I see when I close my eyes at night. It’s 7 min long, but its so worth it. Enjoy. Also here is a link to some more info on the show in case you end the video with that “wtf?” thought in your head.

Thirdly, I guess I’ll be sharing some of my thoughts. And while often my thoughts will be related to youtube videos and talking about how annoying the guys upstairs are when they practice their ratatat and kanye west cover “band,” believe it or not, I do have other things to think about.

On the subject of principles… I believe few things are more important than being a badass, eating really yummy tasting food, and living a life of satisfaction. Take that how you wish.

So that’s me and my manifesto. Let’s give this blog the ol` college try.



Some things to look forward to:
-A Beginners Guide to First Mate Charlie
-A discussion on the consideration of turning the common room into a ball pit
-My thoughts on Chocolate and Peanut Butter
-Things Carleton need (besides a lighthouse)
-Cartoons Now and Cartoons Then

1 comment:

  1. the Unabomer's Manifesto:
    http://cyber.eserver.org/unabom.txt

    ReplyDelete