Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The END of an Era

You're probably thinking, "The end of an era? WTF mark... " I THOUGHT THE ERA JUST BEGUN! (I know you think in caps...)

well it's really the dawn of a new era, a new world order, as BK's post below so eloquently described. And that is what I need to talk about:

So as Tim, Sydney and I left for the airport (Sydney so graciously drove us to the airport in alfredo's car because my father is a fascist when it comes to my grandma's old honda accord), we said our farewells to Toto and BK in Sayles. And BK goes, "This really is the breaking of the fellowship..." As I continued to go about my transitional travels from Sayles to the Alfie's Car to the Airport to Chicago, I couldn't help but think of this analogy. I (independently) realized that the 9 members of The Ocho could potentially fit the mold of Lord of the Rings members perfectly... I also (independently) considered Johnny V as Gandalf and I had some other great non-fellowship/ocho members as well. (Examples: Will Kruesi as Bilbo and Little Orphan Annie as Arwen, and I even had someone for Gollum)

So i've got this great, creative idea now that I think is awesome. "I'll just blog about the analogy when I get home! What a great entry it'll be!" But I get home and what do I find? No internet at my dad's house. Poop. "I'll go out and run some errands and see some friends and it'll be up when I get back."

It wasn't back.

So I wake up this morning. And what do I find? BK STOLE MY BLOG POST IDEA. The emotions flood over me -anguish, pain... the need for revenge...

But then something happened. I took a deep breath, walked to my window, waved to the tree trimmer that was in the tree DIRECTLY outside my window at 8 am this morning who I had flicked off after he woke me up. I soaked up a few of the pleasures in life - the 60ish degree breeze coming through screen windows as Belle & Sebas play in the background, the feeling I got after watching the "Cartman Goodbye" clip that BK provided, the fact that Tim had seen F.M.C. in the airport, the prospect of Inos for dinner tonight, and of course, that "moustache feeling" that everything will be okay.

The thought came into my mind last night as I headed home from my evening activities that I wasn't going to go home to stadium, and it made me a little sad. But there is adventure, glory, and a little bit of R&R for The Ocho in the next coming weeks. So enjoy your spring breaks and get ready.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry Mark! In all fairness, it was my idea originally. But it just goes to the show that we of the Ocho all operate within the same mindset.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fact: I was Arwen for Halloween once. Good call.

    ReplyDelete