Wednesday, March 2, 2011

300 Posts!

As we near the 2nd birthday of the blog, it's pretty cool to say that we've had 300 posts!

I've mentioned this before, but I'm pretty proud that our blog has lasted so long. People start and give up on blogs so fast in this day and age, and i think its cool that this one is going the opposite direction. Not only have we added two new contributors, but it appears that we are producing content at a much more steady rate. (At this point last year, we only had done about 20 posts in the first two months of the year.)

But actually lets take a look at the distribution of our blog posts:



What do we notice? Obviously we had a strong start, and then the honeymoon period was over. But we also notice, that aside week 20, in the last month, we've produce more a week than ever before (not taking account the honeymoon period).

I do wish we had a visible and significant increase that shooted up from the lull that has defined the blog since our first few months. I've noticed this on google analytics too. Then one day, maybe we can finally press the big red monetize button and rake in the dough.

But what I am really saying is that I'm optimistic about the blog's future.

While I thought about doing a Tedley-esque, Highlights of the last 200 posts, I decided not to because of the time commitment. But I do highly recommend going back through some old posts. I've done this a bit and have had quite a few good laughs. It's also interesting to see which labels get tagged the most (First Mate Charlie, Beer, Alfredo, Music...).

May we keep growing, creating, and contributing.
Molson out.

6 comments:

  1. Nice, 300 exactly.

    Your Excel skills are astounding. I feel like there were weeks, or stretches of weeks, where we didn't post anything. You must have skipped these. But we've always started up strong again. I'm optimistic that this is a pace we can actually keep up.

    I think we need a coherent theme for our blog. I think it is basically about life as a Millennial/Gen-Y. Maybe we could think about that when writing our posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S.: I just went back and looked at how it all began. Classic.

    Does anyone remember who actually wrote that? I know we had a minor accidental blog deletion issue the in the first few days and toto had to repost all of our first posts.

    Also, disappointingly few posts on poop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. also, after your very visual demonstration of what "monetize" meant in the dining hall senior year, the use of said word will forever make me smile and think of a lever being pulled while gold coins rain down upon us all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto to what Tim just said. However I also think of the Duck Tales theme song.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think one of the first posts was a review for 112 eatery in the cities. I went there. Now I'm hungry.

    ReplyDelete