Wednesday, April 29, 2009

textsfromlastnight.com

As a devout member of the blogosphere, I find it necessary to tout other people's blogs with the hope that maybe at some point they'll think our blog has enough original/hip content that it will be cool enough to be touted as well.

That being said, I present to you all textsfromlastnight.com. This site is much like fmylife.com, except instead of people posting anecdotes of their shitty lives, they instead submit texts they received from friends... (you guessed it!) last night. I'm sure many of you loyal readers can figure out the idea upon which these clever bloggers have latched, but if not, I will spell it out quite plainly.

The idea, of course, is that people send/say stupid things when they are drunk - they have hilarious and epic experiences and they tell everyone about them. The next morning, "hilarious" and "epic" become "embarassing" and "regrettable" for the sender of said text, but the SMS is forever proof that such ridiculous shit occurred. textsfromlastnight.com provides a means by which friends can archive friends' adventures for all the world to see. The site clearly throws the old adage "friends don't let friends reveal their embarassing texts" by the wayside.

Now, I don't believe there is any reason to think that anybody in the Ocho would ever do anything or say anything that would merit a submission to textsfromlastnight.com. However, the website does exist. And we've got big plans this weekend. It's midterm break.

I'm just sayin'...

3 comments:

  1. I actually first saw this site 2 weeks ago when a really dirty girl from my high school linked to it on facebook. This was the first one on the page that day:

    (703): Okay just took the preggers test..and im NOT! :)
    (540): awesome babe! drinks tonight!
    (703): Wait does the happy face mean yes? fuck.

    703 is my area code.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, god. If my friends from home had known about this last year, when I was a drunken text-fiend... they would have had material every friggin weekend.

    ReplyDelete