Saturday, March 14, 2009

I'm White and I Like Stuff

What socio-economic class do you belong to? I consider myself be on the upper side of middle class, but only because the middle class is so fuckin huge apparently – 80% of Americans consider themselves to be included in the middle class. Obviously someones gotta give…

Anyways, I’m sure you’ve heard of Stuff White People Like. It’s a humorous website/book (don’t know which came first) essentially making fun of yuppies and the tastes of affluent, trendy white people in a presumably tongue and cheek way. And it’s written by a Canadian… (I’m not really gonna go there. But you know what I’m thinking)

And while this site doesn’t really make me feel uncomfortable on a racial level, it does more makes me feel uncomfortable with yuppies, a group of people I don’t really consider myself to be of.

That being said, here are some things on the list that I, Mark, supposedly have in common with the young, trendy, urban professionals of North America:

You should check out the site or the links above to read their quick blurb on each topic. Some of them are pretty funny. Some of them will make you uncomfortable if you don’t like being stereotyped or portrayed as whatever he is making fun of.

I also think this one is really funny/sad.

Well that’s it. Recap: I’m Mark and I’m white and I like stuff…

2 comments:

  1. indie music? i'm so indie now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book had about 150 things. I liked about 140.

    ReplyDelete