Thursday, March 26, 2009

I'm Pretty Sure There is Nothing Mexican about Abba's "Dancing Queen"

Tonight I went to a magic show. Yes, this was one of the Vegas-like shows provided by the hotel. But i like magic, so I went to it with my mom and sister. It actually was good. Like I said, I enjoy magic. I'm easily amused.

And now its over and I am sitting in the Lobby Bar, one of the 6 bars in the resort. I'm drinking a drink called the honeymoon. I drank a lot of margaritas earlier this week, but then remembered I hate tequila and that there are plenty of other drinks out there. I haven't had as much beer (however now I can say I've actually had a Dos Equis/XX), because I feel that in a tropical environment your supposed to drink fruity hard alcohol drinks. So I've enjoyed my share of honeymoons, blue lagoons, electric lemonades, and this one purple drink that i ordered by accident, but now cannot find it again (but it tasted like jolly ranchers).

So here I am surrounded by families and twenty-somethings socoializing and... get this... singing and dancing to the mexican band that is currently performing such mexican hits such as Man, I feel Like A Woman, Sweet Home Alabama, Womanizer, and now Billie Jean.

So for the past few days I've mostly laid around on the beach or by the pool, listening to some hidden gems on my iPod (when was the last time you listened to what you listened to in Jr. High?) and reading Tom Friedman's The World Is Flat. I've also had my laptop here and I have been Stumbling. Extra time is awesome. I wish I had more of it at Carleton. It's really nice to explore ideas, such as globalization (the topic of Freidman's book), and to explore the internet which is what Stumble Upon is all about.

SIDE NOTE: The term "globalization"comes up as a misspelled word. Isn't that a little crazy?

I guess what I am trying to get at is a deep and important question: What would you do if you had more free time? My mom saids she would work out more. I know I would read more. I love reading books that aren't for school. But i have hard doing it during the school year and more so with my summer job.

The REAL issure though is what is preventing you from doing those things that you wish you could do if you had more time? Because frankly, as college students we have a LOT of free time. Think about how much time we spent in class in high school, where school took up so much of our time. I know college has more work, but lets be real, we have a shit load of free time. Well sorta. Some of us spend our free time playing call of duty, some of us spend a little but more time studying and some of us engage in extra curriculars. But all I am saying is that if I really wanted to, I could read for pleasure if I wanted to. But instead, I choose to spend the last 30 min of my evenings with my roomates either playing Tetris Attack (by the way: Alfredo, don't forget to bring your controller backj from the Chi), watching the daily show, or making my self a pb and j.


Okay now i am just drunkenluy blambbling on. I spent a lot of time trying to correct my errors, but now i just dont carre anymore. A few too many honeymoons. And don't call me a bitch for drinking a girly drink... its delicious!

Is drunk blogging considered taboo? I hope to god not. Or else i'll need an intervention.

Well, here's to mexico and here is to coming back to Northfield!

Over and Out.a

3 comments:

  1. well done. you followed the rules of my spring term manifesto, combining live blogging with booze. i'm impressed.

    what do you think of tom friedman? i think he's kind of an idiot. read deep economy for the other perspective on globalization.

    i have a headache.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you and miss you buddy. I still haven't had a drink in Russia. Shocking, I know.

    ReplyDelete