Monday, July 9, 2012

Funemployment 2.0 (The Reckoning)

Fellow bleacher dwellers,

It has been a long time since I have posted about the joys and sorrows of Funemployment. Nearly three years later  (and one advanced degree)  I once again find myself in the in the clutches of this very....let's say existential, way of life.
  Contrary to the Funemployment experienced in 2009, the 2012 versions seems to be a little less about the the fun, and a lot more about the unemployment.  When one takes in to consideration the field I have chosen as well as the economic circumstances, funemployment actually seems like a logical spot for my life to currently be held up in.  To me, funemployment 2.0 is a beast that must be approached in a way that promotes adult behavior, while at the same time, keeping true to the essence of "Having fun with no job while you have the chance" With all that said I have listed a few bylaws/guidelines for those experiencing Funemployment 2.0

1. You have an advanced degree. You worked hard for that degree, but realize that does not increase the fun factor, but rather helps you to tackle the unemployment aspect of funemployment.

2. (May not Apply to All) You had to move back home. This time around, you are a little bit older and little bit wiser. If you are lucky, your new roommates (parents) will treat you as such.) Maximize the fun without breaching the respect of those who run the household. The occasional kick back may be a great way to ease those days of "man I wish I had my own place"

3. Get a part time job. Although it will not completely get rid of  unemployment, it will give you a sense of actually doing something with your day. I currently work at a car wash where I am known as "La Flama Blanca"

4. Make sure you have a network of friends in the area with their own places. This allows you to go out, maximize the fun factor, and not have to worry about coming home at 3am and disturbing your roommates.

5. (Probably the most important) Accept that Funemployment will not last forever. It will be a rare day where you can nod off and head to the beach, or enjoy a beer in the middle of the afternoon without having to worry about the responsibilities of work.

6. The opposite sex....This is the biggest gray area of them all, and strictly depends on the various ways people like to maximize their fun factor. Also, the fact that one is funemployed, may not be the most attractive thing to people. If you can find someone who can maximize the fun factor without making you aware of your.....lack of income.....and lack of things to do in the day, you have hit the jackpot for a funemployment friend.

 These are only a few of the numerous tenets that comprise living the funemployment lifestyle to the max. It is my hope many of you who read this don't find yourself in the situation where funemployment lasts for very long, nor  greatly affects your way of life.

Your's Funemployed
Nonnie

13 comments:

  1. I would imagine (6) is not as important for funemployed girls.

    Also, how come I don't know funemployed girls?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a good site to recommend to you:Cheap Android Mobile Phone and Best Tablet at http://www.fastcardtech.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an extremely smart written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I will certainly return.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.
    What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody m

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice post, things explained in details. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome work.Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading.Thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

    ReplyDelete