Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sweet things you can do with a phone:

Ok,

So when my mom (yes she was helping me out) checked me in for my flight home she told me "Dave, I sent your boarding pass to your iphone." I paused for a moment and then checked my phone. The next thing I know i have a new email that says here is your northwest boarding pass. Sure enough, when I opened the email a bar code appeared and all the information a boarding pass has. There was no way this was going to pass for a boarding pass (tehe) or was it.....?

So I get to the airport with nothing but my phone. I get to the head of the security line and hand my license to the tsa lady. The next thing I told her was that my pass was on my phone. She said well go ahead and scan it the machine. She said she didn't know how to use it, but thankfully its just like a scanner in the grocery store. So I held my phone to this thing and the next thing you know I'm cleared through security.

When I get to the gate I did the same same thing and scanned the bar code on my phone screen. I just think its a cool way to use less paper and take advantage of the smart phones.

When I got to LA I used my phone to take a picture of the new A380 Airbus (The double decker one). Just another cool thing about modern phones, the camera!


2 comments: