Sunday, March 22, 2009

Partay

The last 8 days of my life have been the most debaucherous, unholy, and sloppy days of my life. Which of course means that I've been having a blast since leaving Stadium, living with John, and then coming home. Here's a recap of what remains in my memory:

-Cook-out! We made burgers on the grill, had some PBR, and I got to have a day of spring term before leaving the US. Being able to grill and drink outside is my favorite part of spring term, so I'm glad I got to.
-Injuries! No drunken evening is complete without having someone disappear for 20 minutes, and then find her at the bottom of the stairs with a hurt ankle.
-Doomtree! John Knapp has expanded my musical horizons, and did so yet again this week by introducing me to the Minneapolis based hip-hop group Doomtree. Their "False Hopes" album is brilliant, look em up!
-Nats! Going to Nats was inspiring, I'm ready to start training for next year already. Ted, awesome job! I watched your 200 breast on NCAA live, so I got to see you swim all of your events! Also of note: Jake Koch in the 200 IM, Nelson's 2 firsts, Olaf's Medley relays, and diving was ridiculous.
-Beirut! Last night I went to my friend Aaron's house for his birthday (he's my Facebook husband) and completely owned at Beirut. Me and my friend Clayton got off to a rough start and were looking at 7 cups to our 1, but we made the same cup twice in a row and won. I made 5 in a row the next game, Clayton did the same the next, and the 4th game was closer, I don't really remember it. And then we lost.
-Tommy Emmanuel! I saw Tommy Emmanuel last night at the Orpheum, my favorite venue in Wichita. Tommy is an Australian guitarist who is one of the best 2 guitarist I've ever seen, I couldn't believe my eyes or ears for much of the show.


So now I'm at home, waiting until Wednesday, packing and getting ready. Most of my friends are back at school so the next few days I'll probably try to read the 4 books I have to read before Moscow...

2 comments:

  1. I don't want to have to look up Doomtree, you need to link that shit BK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that guy is fun to watch

    ReplyDelete