Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Winter Life in Hill

Now that it's 9th week and the weather is finally starting to warm up, and most importantly because swimming is over, I will now recount: Winter Tales from the House of Hill.
I think that the greatest moment that occurred in my house this winter happened merely a week ago. As I recall, I had walked through the door of Hill House into the hallway, when something caught my eye. It was our vending machine, which has always been considered one of the "clutch" amenities of our house, but today was different. Let me preface this by describing one of Hill House's strongest, most universally applicable attributes: We love Squirt. A lot. We drink Squirt everyday. Typically, the Squirt sells out 5 days after it is restocked. They refill the machines every 2 weeks. Ghastly. HOWEVER: on this wonderful, wonderful day, I realized that the slot in the vending machine that had always said "Make Another Selection" had a new label on it: "Squirt." Indeed, our vending machine now has 2 Squirt selections due to our insatiable consumption of the sugary citrus beverage. In all the years that vending machine has been in Hill House, it always had a blank slot... and we have signaled our preference using our power as consumers: and lo, the Gods of Supply and Demand have heeded our unspoken mandate.
Our housemates have many penchants beyond drinking Squirt: we also have the dirtiest banter I've ever heard. I believe that the most commonly used word in Hill House is "queef." Our main inspiration is our house's current game of choice: Super Smash Bros. Brawl. In addition to Smash, I've played No More Heroes and Mad World, both excellent games.
Our house has also been one of Toff's main homes: Andrew Mering might be Toff's favorite person. Also, we have a fireplace, which we have had fires in many times this term.
What else... As you all know 40s was awesome. Ethan Sagin is my hero. Unfortunately, Conference Party couldn't hold a candle up to 40s night.
Well shit, I have a 10 page paper to write this week and a 20 page one next week and a group project involving multiple regression analysis and 8 poems to memorize and a Russian essay to write. I should probably stop procrastinating and get to work...


3 comments:

  1. Did you not like the conference party?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not as much as 40s. It wasn't awful, it just wasn't a very good party. Parish basement isn't the best location.

    ReplyDelete