Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Where does your name rank?

The Social Security Administration has come out with its list of the most popular baby names from last year.

Theodore is 295th with a tad over a thousand more of us born last year.

Some cool, interesting, or displeasurable (IMHO) names that I noticed on the list:

Maximilian - 300th for boys (There's actually a lot of baller names starting with Maxi-)
Junior (that's sad) - 637th
Remington - 721st (321 boys - I hope at least one of them is a Steele)
Augustus - 795th
Leonidas - 883rd
Jagger - 954th (also would go well with Steele)

Genesis (really?) - 95th for girls
Serenity (eww) - 111th
Harmony (again...) - 314th
Ximena - 332nd (never even heard it before, should I have?)
Liberty - 620th
Precious - 791st (My PRECIOUS!!!)
Charity - 793rd
Xiomara - 805th (never heard of this one either)
Chastity - 956th (a good idea, but we'll see how it works out in 16 years)

Why do people feel so compelled to name their little girls after concepts of which they are vaguely supportive?

2 comments:

  1. Christ, I would never name my daughter Chastity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I would love to take the V Card of a girl who has that name...

    ReplyDelete