Monday, May 18, 2009

How I Ripped My Pants..amongst other things.

So here is fun story.


When I woke up this morning I was in a great mood. The sun was shining, and when I came into the common room there was Toto, greeting me with the customary "what you want?". Ahhhhh it was going to be a great day!
Around 9:30 I decided that I would use the meals that had been paid for (aka the dining hall) and head to breakfast. Of course when I left the room I had also left my keys. By this time it was 9:35 and class started in 15 minutes, but my god was I determined to get a bagel (Jew Cravings).
So bolting out the door at 9:37 I bee-lined it straight towards the eatery. For those of you are not familiar with the route the residents of stadium 110 take to get to the main part of campus, we run across the football field (width wise) and hop a low portion of the fence. As I went to make the jump (which I have done countless times) the bottom of my sandal (poor choice of footwear) slipped on the top of the fence.
As I struggled to get my footing, my other foot had already slid over the fence and my leg was snared in the top of the chain link fence. As I struggled to get my leg free, I dangled upside down for about 5 seconds until my pants finally ripped. As if I wasn't humiliated enough at this point, on the way down my leg scraped the fence leaving a nice series of "zebra scratches on my lower calf." Brushing myself off I went to class, unsure how I felt about what I just experienced.
The rest of the day was rip free, but I realized just how shameful I must have looked that fateful hour, dangling by my pants and arms waving aimlessly in the air.

Author's Note
To whomever reads my posts and corrects my spelling,

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to read my blog post. Secondly, please get a life.

I imagine you probably resemble a person like the one in this picture:



Thanks

3 comments:

  1. I would have paid like $2.25 to see this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nazi. If someone wants to correct your spelling, that's their inalienable right!
    You did correct it too. Dinning and shinning and whatnot.

    ReplyDelete