Monday, August 16, 2010

Long Time No Blog

So I’m finally back from spending another in the woods. A great time to be sure, but it was more exhausting then it ever had been before. My position was the Teen Director, so I developed and implemented the three Teen Programs we have at camp, and then when not leading those programs, I oversaw the counseling staff and helped the other support staff members run the camp. I don’t know about whether I’ll return or in what capacity. The executive director hinted that as the camp buys more property and expands that he may want me part of that process. But who knows. All I know is that I feel like I’ve been working at 90mph since spring break and so I am excited to just chillax for a month before school revs up again.

I had originally thought that this month was going to be full of absolutely nothing, but things have of course come up. I had toyed with the idea of heading out East to see Elliot, Annie and my sister, but too much is going on. For one thing, my dad is trying to move, which means my room at his place needs to be packed up to look presentable for prospective buyers. That blows. This coming weekend is also when all my OP friends head back to their respective colleges, so we all getting reckless this week. Typical college drankin stuff. Also, Alfreddy and I are gonna meet up and chill too.

I also joined a last minute trip to West Virginia to go white water rafting. This group of friends of mine said that one of their crew dropped out and asked if I wanted to go. The drive, food, gas and the rafting will all only cost like $180, so I said what the hell – once in a lifetime opportunity. So I’ll be doing that Aug 24th – 26th. Toto, I don’t know if it’s the same place as you went. I then have a family reunion on my Dad’s side of the family during Labor Day weekend.

I head up to my house to move in and chill before classes start on the 1st as well.
Have I talked about my house? I feel like not really. Well here are the details:
I am living with Pete, Eric B, Louise and Erin H. A house full of swimmers and divers. It’s a nice house, but the seniors who left it after their lease ended in June left it in shambles. The Cormier Family to the rescue! Last week, Pete, Grace and their mom went up to the house and scrubbed the carpets, cleaned the bathrooms thoroughly and brought some nice furniture up. I think its going to look great. We’re pumped because we have a nice side yard, an awesome garage and this bitchin front room. BBQs, parties and good times are bound to be aplenty. Obviously guests are welcome, so stop on by for a weekend or whenever.

I’m starting to think about Jobs after school. I’m also toying with the idea of graduating early and pulling a Karin Brown and just doing whatever the hell I want during spring term. It would sav my parents and myself a big chunk of change and maybe they’d be willing to still pay my rent. If I did that I think I would spend my time traveling and visiting friends, while also spending the big weekends (progressive, oleball, spring concert, rotblatt) at Carleton. When I was in Northfield, I’d study for the GRE since eventually I’ll head to grad school for teaching.

BUT SPRING TERM IS A LONG WAY AWAY!
Gonna just enjoy what I have left of the summertime chi.

MOLSON OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment