Thursday, September 17, 2009

Wolf Blitzer is dumb

I was watching celebrity jeopardy today and the strangest thing happened. In hindsight, I shouldn't have been surprised, but I was. The three contestants were Wolf Blitzer, Andy Richter, and some lady actress I didn't recognize. Basically, at the end of the 2nd round, Wolf had -$4,600 (the negative sign is not a typo) and Andy Richter had $39,000. The segment I'm talking about can be found here.

I'm not going to lie, I've always thought that the women in the news mostly got their jobs because they were attractive. I mean, let's be honest, most of them are (see exhibit 1, 2, 3). And they're just reading a teleprompter anyway, right? Well, because I'm a sexist pig, I assumed that the men got the job based on merit. I guess male anchors are just as dumb. Now it could be that he just isn't as good at jeopardy. But to get -4600! C'mon, Wolf! You'd think he'd have learned something with that hologram they have at CNN.

This makes me so happy though. Of course there are wonderfully smart people out there who are doing their best in academia and the government, for example, but I'm talking about the wonderfully smart people who entertain us. And for some other reason, I'm not talking about in writing books. I'm talking about the smart comedians. Here are some:

Andy Richter (apparently)
Elizabeth Banks - UPenn magna cum laude
Steve Colbert - Northwestern
Conan O'Brien - magna cum laude from Harvard
Natalie Portman - Harvard, she's mostly funny because of this.

Okay, I suppose the real point of this post was to show how smart elizabeth banks is. Isn't she a babe? I love her...I think I might have a chance too.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't believe Wolf Blitzer got "Town where King David and Jesus came from" wrong. It wasn't as if Andy had pressed the buzzer earlier; Wolf pressed it and guessed JERUSALEM!

    Here's hoping Blitzer is an atheist, because it would suck if he professes to be Jewish or Christian - not knowing most fundamental facts from the religious texts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone once told me that Wolf was Jewish...

    meaning maybe he don't know anything about Jesus...?

    ReplyDelete