Thursday, April 2, 2009

Peace of Mind

Today... was a bit of a rough day for me.
It may or may not have had something to do with the copious amount of drink I consumed last night to celebrate my departure from teenage-dom.
Or maybe the physical consequences of what those drinks made me do...
But either way I went through the day feeling kind of like a zombie.
BUT around 6 o clock, I had some tea upstairs with John and Tim. And I had some yummy curry at dinner. And I felt better.

After dinner, I went to the CMC, where I am now, to import the hours and hours of footage I am going to try to edit this term. The footage is mostly from various trips I've been on with friends, but I like to think of them as home movies.

But importing the damn footage brought upon all types of problems. First my hard drive wan't mac compatible, then the footage was importing in a chopped up/inefficient fashion, then i had to reimport it all because it was in the wrong folder and it wouldn't let me move it.
Long story short, I've been here for about 3 hours now and I don't even have 1 tape on the damn hard drive, because I have to import it to the scratch disk, and then move it to the harddrive from there, which takes twice as long to do.

Needless to say, I'm pissed off. Which sucks, cause it was right when I was feeling better physically. But, I took a deep breath, watched this video and felt better about my life. His guitar playing is very peaceful, not to mention fucking mind boggling. He's incredibly talented. Make sure you watch the whole thing - he doesn't really get going until 1:45...

So I thought I would share this awesome video with you. And maybe next time you have a bad day after a drunken evening of hurdles, vomit, and getting your ass kicked (I deserved it, fyi) by your roommate, you can come back to the video and find some peace of mind. It worked for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment