Sunday, October 18, 2009

What Exactly I'm Up To.

Hey there everyone,

So I have been off the radar for a couple weeks on the blog, so I figured I would write a post. I promise that I am going to post another video soon. The reason it has been so long is one of my hard-drives crashed and I lost my project, and the second reason is I had get my 16mm film project digitized. Anyway, you should see something this week.
Right now I am currently waiting for my over 80 gigs of football footage from the weekend to convert on the computer....super fun. Although what is cool is that all that footage is stored on a small SD card. No more tapes, no more film (A big debate here at school)
My guess is a lot of you are wondering: "Hey, how come you get a masters degree for watching and making movies?" Sometimes I wonder the same thing; but as of late, I can better understand and appreciate the amount of time and craft that goes into making your favorite movies
Over the past couple of months I have learned just how much film and television blends art and craft into one cohesive process. There are so many different factors when shooting a movie both from a technical point of view, as well as an artistic one. What lights to choose, what type of film (super 16, super 35, digital, 1080i 1080p...etc). Who to cast, how they should act, where there eyes are, making sure you are moving the correct direction in the frame..blah blah blah
Anyway things are really busy but really interesting. Like I said earlier I will post a project or two this week.

On a quick side note I played a zombie in one of my friends films. I'll see if I can get the footage to post up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment